City of Cape Town Learnership Opportunities
- Protection (MV field services; protection field services)
- Measurement (automation; operations; and investigations)
- Engineering (Planning and design of medium voltage and low voltage distribution systems, project management; customer connections)
- Long term planning (high voltage network analysis and forecasting of future load growth for the Cape Metro and new bulk load investigations.)
- SCADA (power systems supervision remote control and data acquisition via communications)
- GIS (Geo-Information Science)
- Network control (compile switching programmes; updating relevant network control documents;conducting load flow studies; compile reports)
- Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) (Maintenance management; system and maintenance performance auditing; establishing standards for the maintenance of the electricity distribution system; service standards).
- Protection / Engineering / Long Term Planning / Network Control / SCADA / EAM: Successfully completed S4 course in the related fi eld or in-service training still outstanding
- GIS (Geo-Information System): Successfully completed S4 course in Geo-Information Science and Technology or in-service training still outstanding
- Measurement: Successfully completed S4 or N Diploma (NATED) course in the related field or in-service training still outstanding.
For all of the above candidates must:
- Be in possession of at least a valid code B driver’s licence
- Reside in the Cape Metropole
How to apply
Applications close on 16 December 2016.
To apply for one of these positions, please submit:
- Covering letter indicating your field of preference and at least one alternate eg. 1. SCADA, 2. Measurement, etc.
- Certified copy your diploma or certified copy of statement of results indicating that all academic conditions have been met, to be awarded the diploma while in-service training is still outstanding
- Certified copy of ID
- Certified copy of driver’s licence.
Forward your application via e-mail to: Electricity.Services@capetown.gov.za
Note: If you have not received a response within four (4) weeks after the closing date of the applications, please consider your application as unsuccessful.