Department Of Basic Education Lucknow
Department Of Basic Education Lucknow, Lucknow is the capital and largest city of the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh and is also the administrative headquarters of the eponymous District and Division. It is the eleventh most populous city and the twelfth most populous urban agglomeration of India. Lucknow has always been known as a multicultural city that flourished as a North Indian cultural and artistic hub, and the seat of power of Nawabs in the 18th and 19th centuries. It continues to be an important centre of governance, administration, education, commerce, aerospace, finance, pharmaceuticals, technology, design, culture, tourism, music and poetry.
BASIC EDUCATION BOARD ALLAHABAD, UP, INDIA
BASIC EDUCATION LUCKNOW, UP, INDIA
The Government of India under National Education Policy of 1986 (as updated in 1992) and the Programme of Action 1992 reaffirm national commitment to universalisation of elementary education (means education upto class eighth). Para 5.12 of NPE resolves that free and compulsory education of satisfactory quality should be provided to all children upto 14 years of age before we enter the 21st century.
Keeping above in view, a World Bank assisted project called Basic Education Project had been undertaken in 1993, for expansion of quality basic education in the state. For smooth running of this project, a society “Uttar Pradesh Sabhee Ke Liye Shiksha Pariyojana Parishad (U.P. Education for all Project Board) has been established on 17 May, 1993 under Societies Registration Act of 1860. It s objectives are-
The Parishad shall act as an autonomous and independent body for implementation of the Uttar Pradesh Education For All Project (Hereinafter referred to as “the Project”) as outlined in the Project Document published by the Government of Uttar Pradesh and its revised version that may be prepared on the basis of review from time to time. The activities of the Parishad will be concentrated in selected districts, but may extend to the whole State of U.P. in respect of selected and sponsored projects. The Parishad has been established to function as a societal mission for bringing about a fundamental change in the basic education system, and through it in the overall socio-cultural situation. The following specific objectives of the Project would be pursued by the Parishad.
- Universalisation of Primary Education, viewed as a composite programme of (i) access to primary education for all children up to 14 years of age; (ii) universal participation till they complete the primary stage through formal or non-formal education programmes; and (iii) universal achievement atleast of the minimum levels of learning.
- Provision of continuing education and skill development programmes for youth.
- Making suggestions for greater gender equality in education and female empowerment.
- Making necessary intervention to provide equal educational opportunity to children belonging to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and the poorest sections of society.
- Laying special emphasis on all educational activities on culture and communication; science and environment and inculcation of a sense of social justice.
Basic Education Project started in 1993 covered 17 districts. The project was completed in 2000. The District Primary Education Programme-II was started in 1997 in 22 districts of the state which ended in 2003. Moreover, DPEP-III was started in 32 districts of the state in 2000 and has ended on 31 March, 2006.
Janshala project was implemented in district Lucknow during 2000-2003.
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan was started in the state in 16 districts in 2001-2002 and now covers all 70 districts of the state.