Department Of Correctional Services Application For An Internship Programme
Department Of Correctional Services Application For An Internship Programme, Internship online application processes are not available. The application form can however be found on the Department of Correctional Services Webpage.
Department of Correctional Services Internship Programme
DCS Internships Application & Application Form
Internship online application processes are not available. The application form can however be found on the Department of Correctional Services Webpage.
You can download the form, complete it fully and deliver it to your regional Corrections Office, with all other required documentation attached. Application forms can also be found at these offices within your region.
Please note that you must also specify which internship you are applying for on your application. All certified documentation must not be older than 3 months. If your application is not signed, it will not be accepted, also photocopied forms or faxed and e-mailed forms will not be acceptable.
DCS Internships Closing Dates
Applications usually open with the start of each New Year, and close during June each year. Please be advised that only those candidates who have made the short list will be contacted. If you have not heard anything within 3 months from the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
DCS Internship Requirements
Applications are accepted yearly for a selection of internships, these in turn fill opening that may arise within a variety sectors. Candidates whom are between 21 and 35, may apply within the fields mentioned. Candidates with disabilities are also welcome to apply.
Candidates will also be required to have the following:
- Candidates must hold a valid Matric certificate
- Candidates must be a South African citizen
- Candidates must hold a valid ID book/card
- Candidates must hold a diploma or degree form a recognized institute of higher learning
- Candidates must hold a degree or diploma within the selected discipline
- Candidates must be MS cultured, as well as computer literate
- Candidates must be proficient in English (read, write & speak)
- Candidates must not hold any kind of criminal record, if you do, please provide full details
- Candidates must show a commitment to learning
Please note that candidates who hold additional qualifications, such as a trade, diploma or degree within the corrections or security field, will be given preference.