Department Of Education Uk
Department Of Education Uk, The Department for Education (DfE) is a department of Her Majesty’s Government responsible for child protection, education (compulsory, further and higher education), apprenticeships and wider skills in England. The DfE is also responsible for women and equalities policy.
A Department for Education previously existed between 1992, when the Department of Education and Science was renamed, and 1995 when it was merged with the Department for Employment to become the Department for Education and Employment.
The Department for Education is responsible for children’s services and education, including higher and further education policy, apprenticeships and wider skills in England. We work to provide children’s services and education that ensure opportunity is equal for all, no matter what their background or family circumstances.
We are responsible for:
- teaching and learning for children in the early years and in primary schools
- teaching and learning for young people under the age of 19 years in secondary schools and in further education
- supporting professionals who work with children and young people
- helping disadvantaged children and young people to achieve more
- making sure that local services protect and support children
- Safety and wellbeing: all children and young people are protected from harm and vulnerable children are supported to succeed with opportunities as good as those for any other child.
- Educational excellence everywhere: every child and young person can access high-quality provision, achieving to the best of his or her ability regardless of location, attainment and background.
- Prepared for adult life: all 19-year-olds complete school or college with the skills and character to contribute to the UK’s society and economy and are able to access high-quality work or study options.
Read our single departmental plan to find out more about how we are performing against our objectives.
Ministerial and Public Communications Division
Department for Education
Contact form https://www.gov.uk/con…
Telephone 0370 000 2288
Fax 0161 600 1332
The national helpline is open between Monday and Friday, 9am to 5pm, although you may get a quicker answer by calling between 9am and 10am, or between 4pm and 5pm.