Department Of Environmental Affairs Grahamstown
Department Of Environmental Affairs Grahamstown, Grahamstown is a town of about 70,000 people in the Eastern Cape province of South Africa. It is situated about 110 kilometres (70 mi) northeast of Port Elizabeth and 130 kilometres (80 mi) southwest of East London. Grahamstown is the largest town in the Makana Local Municipality, and the seat of the municipal council. It also hosts Rhodes University, the Eastern Cape Division of the High Court, and a diocese of the Anglican Church of Southern Africa and 6 South African Infantry Battalion.
Eastern Cape Department of Economic Development and Environmental Affairs and Tourism (DEDEAT)
The Department of Economic Development and Environmental Affairs (DEDEA) form part of the Eastern Cape Provincial Government and is mandated to spearhead growth and development of provincial economy and is committed to improving the lives of all its citizens. The policy priorities are derived from the Provincial Growth and Development Plan (PGDP), Provincial Industrial Strategy, and other high impact policy and linkages to initiatives such as Accelerated Skills Growth Initiative of South Africa – Eastern Cape and Provincial Job Summit Resolutions. These policy priorities serve as the key drivers in transforming the province’s socio-economic agenda.
To be the recognised leader in coordination and implementation of policies and strategies for sustainable and shared economic development and environmental management in the Eastern Cape”.
To promote and facilitate equitable, sustainable economic development and environmental management, through effective programmes, partnerships and people-centred service standards.
DEDEA is mandate to:
• Accelerate economic growth;
• Promote sustainable environmental management;
• Reduce economic inequalities;
• Diversify tourism development;
• Facilitate investment promotion.
DEDEA is strongly committed to:
• Building a better life for all South Africans and a natural environment in which to live
• Transparency, service delivery and community participation as embodied in the Batho Pele Principles
• Fiscal responsibility enjoined on us by the Public Finance Management Act (PFMA), 1999
• Transformation within the Department, within civil society and above all within the beautiful natural world that we all inhabit
• Innovation and Leadership
ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT ENVIRONMENTAL AFFAIRS & TOURISM (GRAHAMSTOWN)
Old Library Bldg 1,
Huntley Street Grahamstown,