Department Of Environmental Affairs Vacancies Eastern Cape
Department Of Environmental Affairs Vacancies Eastern Cape, The vision of the Eastern Cape Department of Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism is of a province where economic growth and sound environmental management underpin sustainable development. Its main strategic goal is innovation for sustainable development, with the strategic objectives being to improve organisational performance, local economic participation, emission reduction, carbon reduction and green economy initiatives, and to secure the provincial conservation status.
The primary mandate change resulted from the formalisation of the 12 key outcomes identified and agreed to by the National Cabinet. The Department had to adjust its strategic plan to demonstrate the following outcomes: decent employment through inclusive economic growth; an efficient, competitive and responsive economic infrastructure network; environmental assets and natural resources that are well protected and continually enhanced; an efficient, effective and development-orientated public service; and an empowered, fair and inclusive citizenship.
The aim of this page is to provide information on vacancies available at and advertised by the Department of Environmental Affairs. Information includes application procedures and relevant application forms and documents.
The Department of Environmental Affairs is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. It is the department’s intention to promote representivity (race, gender and disability), through filling of these posts. Candidates whose appointment, promotion, or transfer will promote representivity, will receive preference.
Procedures and information to apply
- All applications must be submitted on a Z83 application for employment [PDF] form accompanied by certified copies of qualifications, identity document (ID) as well as a comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV) in order to be considered.
- Take note that the department will verify all qualifications and experience and that original documents must be submitted on appointment and all qualifications obtained abroad will be evaluated by SAQA.
- Short listed candidates will be subjected to screening and security vetting to determine the suitability of a person for employment.
- Senior Management candidates to be subjected to competency assessment, signing of an employment contract and performance agreement.
- If you have not been contacted within three months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The department reserves the right not to make an appointment.
- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Consideration will be given to applicants who meet the minimum requirements of advertised posts.
- Relaxation of qualification requirements may be considered for non-OSD posts.
- Applications available at the:
- Pretoria centre should be forwarded to the Director-General, Department of Environmental Affairs, Private Bag X447, Pretoria, 0001 OR hand delivered to the Department of Environmental Affairs, Environment House, 473 Steve Biko, Arcadia, Pretoria, 0001 (Erf 1563 Arcadia Extension 6, Cnr Soutpansberg and Steve Biko Road)
- Cape Town centre should be forwaded to the Director-General, Department of Environmental Affairs, Private Bag X4390 Cape Town 8000, OR hand-delivered to 14 Loop Street, Cape Town 8000 for attention: Human Resources