Department of GCIS Free State
Department of GCIS Free State, The Government Communication and Information System (GCIS) is primarily responsible for communication between government and the people. A high premium is placed on development communication which emphasises direct dialogue, especially with people in disadvantaged areas. GCIS is involved in drafting communication strategies and programmes for the whole of government at national level, and integrating the communication operations of all government departments.
To reach its objectives, GCIS aims to:
- provide excellent media and communication services to government departments,
- make Government Information Centres (GICs) and Multi-Purpose Community Centres (MPCCs) critical elements of government communication,
- assist in developing government media, communication and information policy,
- ensure efficient services to the media,
- produce information products for dissemination to citizens,
- integrate the international marketing of South Africa,
- continually transform GCIS and to develop its management and employees to meet the demands of its mandate.
Free State Regional Office
Regional manager: Mr Tshenolo Mokeyane
Postal address: PO Box 995, Bloemfontein, 9300
Street address: Shop 87, Sanlam Plaza, East Burger St
Tel: (051) 448 4504/5/6
Fax: (051) 430 7032