Friends of Design Bursaries
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Friends of Design – Academy of Digital Arts was established in Cape Town in 2006 and are proudly one of the leading digital training institutions within the Cape. The institution is recognised by the Department of Higher Education and are an Adobe Authorised Training Centre, as well as a Certiport Authorised Testing Centre.
Friends of Design offer both part-time and full-time training courses for students with creative flair who wish to enter the industry.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Friends of Design, together with MICT SETA (Media, Information and Communication Technologies Sector Education and Training Authority) are offering bursaries to the value of R69 000 to students who wish to pursue a career in the digital design field but lack the funding to study.
The 2 courses on offer include:
1) Web Publishing & Interactive Media (1 Year Higher Certificate)
This programme is a full-time, practical and has a fixed curriculum that focuses on web design & publishing, video production & techniques, 2D animation, composing & visual effects, game design theory and more.
The course is aimed at technical training, conceptual thinking & interactive screen design.
This course requires basic skills in Adobe Photoshop or relevant work experience.
2) Game Graphics & Multimedia Entertainment (1 Year Higher Certificate)
This course is aimed at gaming enthusiasts and interactive media interested students who wish to pursue a career in this field.
Students would need basic design skills, which will then be used in creating Game Design, Educational games, Online or Mobile games.
Applicants must meet the following minimum criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- At least 18 years old,
- Passed Grade 12/ Matric.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Friends of Design Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Your complete application form must then be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please email the following documents (in a zipped file) to Head of Admissions, Haldon Burns: email@example.com
- ID document (certified copy only),
- Matric certificate and proof of any other qualifications (certified copies only),
- 4 to 6 pieces of artwork in the medium you consider to be your best work – these pieces must be submitted as high quality photos on a Flashdrive/ CD-ROM/ DVD/ online,
- An essay describing your background, strengths, talents and aspirations – this must be no longer than 1 page and should be up to 1500 words.
For any bursary-related enquiries, please contact:
Tel: 021 3000 298
Fax: 086 743 7426