Lonmin Learnerships 2022– 2022
Lonmin has come a long way. It originated in the 1900’s as a Rhodesian Mining company. Lonmin was formerly part of a British platinum mining group, and they first started mining in the bushveld of South Africa. It is still registered as a London office, however, their Operational Headquarters is situated in Johannesburg, South Africa. Their main mining concerns are situated within Marikana and Limpopo. They are known to be producers of the platinum group of metals and offers great Lonmin Learnerships opportunities.
Each year this company offers learnerships to a variety of communities within South Africa. Individuals from these communities aid in their strategy to combat poverty, reduce unemployment and aid in creating skilled workers. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are invited to apply if they meet all stipulated requirements.
The company provides practical training, as well as theoretical teachings, done by experts in each field. The duration will depend on the field of expertise you decide to follow. Successful candidates will be required to sign a legally binding contract for the duration of the learnership, or as is agreed upon by the company and the selected candidate.
Theoretical training will consist of about 40% of the learnership. Each stage will consist of structured learning components, done by accredited learning institutes. This has been proven to be thoroughly effective for the company, as well as the learner. Workplace training will make up the other 60% of the learnership. This will be structured in accordance to the standards as determined by the learning units. It also includes structured work (hands-on) training, completed within the workplace.
The company may include accommodation, pension fund, and medical aid, at its own discretion. Learners will receive a monthly stipend. Meals and transport will not be covered by the company, and candidates are thus required to ensure that they have own transport. Lonmin is an equal opportunity employer, they aim to assist in stabilizing the economy of South Africa, while also providing skilled workers within all scarce fields.
Lonmin Learnerships Available
There are numerous learnerships made available yearly, some of these include the following options:
- Rock Engineer
- Electrical Engineer
- Chemical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineer
- Diamond Processing
- Jewelry Manufacturing
- Diesel Mechanics
- Human Resources
- Analytical Chemistry
- Fitting and Turning
Lonmin Learnerships Requirements
Candidates must include a detailed curriculum vitae with contact details, contactable references, as well as any information they feel may be pertinent to their application. Please also include certified copies of all relevant certificates, ID documentation and proof of address no older than three months. Candidates must be permanent South African residents and citizens.
Most candidates will also be required to have the following:
- Matric / Grade 12 or NQF 4
- Must have Mathematics and Science with pass rate on Standard Grade 60% or higher and on Higher Grade 50% or higher
- Proficient in English, read, write and speak
- Great hand-and-eye coordination
- Skilled in using MS Office – Computer literate
- Be self-motivated and a team player
- Flexibility with a commitment to learn, but moreover willingness to work
- No sensory restriction
- Practically Orientated with Numerical Skills
- Must have a step-by-step procedural approach to all duties
- Planning and organizing skills
- Follow instructions and procedures
Duties may include:
- Candidates will be required to apply their expertise and skills, as well as knowledge of technology
- They must complete all the phases, of the development program, in allocated time frame
- You must ensure that objectives of each task are met and thoroughly understood
- They must deliver results as is expected from them
- Candidates must be able to adapt and respond to any changes accordingly
- They must be able to cope with stress, pressure, and setbacks
- You must be able to assist other team members in completing tasks
- Report as well as communicate with team members, and seniors
- Achieve all goals and objectives
- Promote and support a positive work environment
- Build and maintain relationships within the work environment
- Perform tasks in accordance with safety standards
- Adhere to all regulations set by the mining authority and senior management
Lonmin Learnerships Application
Learnerships online applications process are only made available once the company opens their applications. Candidates can enquire from their University Campus Career center for open learnerships, or contact Lonmin offices. For any additional information, candidates can send an inquiry to Lonmin using their contact page.
– – – – –