Merseta Bursary – 2022
Merseta is willing to assist candidates to obtain a good education, and work opportunities once they have completed their studies. If you want to change your future and have a passion for learning then you should apply for a Merseta bursary.
Merseta Bursaries Available
Merseta wishes to demolish the skills shortage in all sectors in our country and want to support the employment equity act. Therefore, the advantage will be given to the previously disadvantaged citizens of our country. They want to provide learners with highly needed skills and will provide financial assistance in the form of a Merseta bursary for those learners to be able to become a valuable asset in all sectors. To train and educate individuals of disadvantaged backgrounds especially on the basis of gender, disability, race, and access.
There 5 sub-sectors are made up of about 44,000 companies that employ about 600 000 workers. These sub-sectors are as follow:
- The Plastic Industry
- The Metal and Engineering Industry
- The Tyre Manufacturing Industry
- They Auto Manufacturing Industry
- The Motor Retail and Component Manufacturing Industry
Merseta has a variety of bursary study programs in the following fields at different institutes.
- Electrical BSc Engineering (light & heavy) Current & Electronic
- Chemical BSc Engineering
- Industrial BSc Engineering
- Mechanical BSc Engineering (with mechatronics)
- Metallurgy / Materials BSc Engineering
- Production Management BTech
The University of Technology
- Production Management (Semester Course)
- Metallurgy Engineering (Semester Course)
- Engineering Industrial (Semester Course)
- Engineering Chemical (Semester Course)
- Engineering Mechanical whit Mechatronics (Semester Course)
- Engineering Electrical with light & heavy current (Semester Course)
- These semester courses are all for National Diploma’s
- Engineering Chemical
- Technology Polymer
- Engineering Electrical with heavy and light current
- Engineering Chemical
- These courses are all Technology-based
Merseta Bursary Requirements
To be able to apply for a Merseta bursary and qualify you will need to be in possession of the following:
- ou must be a South African citizen
- You must have the points needed to qualify for the institutes admission
- You must have a Grade 12 Certificate or an equal educational certificate or higher qualification
If you are currently working for Merseta and you give your one percent to the skills development levy you can also apply or one of your direct family members can apply. You will receive preference in such an application but will have to go through the same process as an external entry. These will also only be awarded in a case where a rare and critical skill is identified by the yearly counsel.
Preference will also be given to the following:
- Previously Disadvantaged Citizens
- Student that can prove they are in financial need of assistance
Merseta will also consider candidates who are currently studying without a bursary and needs financial help to complete their studies if it is in one of their study fields.
Merseta Bursary Application
Merseta offers University bursaries only once a year whereas their bursaries for the University of Technology are available two times a year. If you are interested to apply and you meet all the above requirements then you are welcome to do so in one of two ways.
- You can have a look at their website under Grant Windows for Employed Students.
- You can get a bursary form from the bursary department if you are an individual.
- You can E-mail them at email@example.com for further assistance.
- Online application is not available but you can find more information on the Merseta Skills Development Page. Once you received your application you can complete it and along with the other required documents you can send it to Bursaries Department, P.O. Box 61826, Marshalltown, 2107.
Merseta Bursary Closing Date
The closing date for applications is the end of June each year for the first semester and end of September of each year for the second semester.
Visit their website for any other information you might need. www.merseta.org.za