Mpumalanga Department of Health Bursary
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The province of Mpumalanga covers more than 78 000 km2 of land, has more than 3 million citizens and makes up 7.3% of the South African population.
The Mpumalanga Department of Health is situated in Nelspruit, Mpumalanga. The mission of the Department is to improve the quality of health for their people, by providing health care based on needs and delivery systems by skilled health professionals.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The bursary is intended for students who wish to study towards a Nursing and Midwifery Diploma at the Mpumalanga College of Nursing. The Nursing Diploma covers Community, General and Psychiatry.
The bursary will cover the cost of tuition fees and student will receive a fixed monthly stipend over the course of their studies.
Students will attend lectures to gain theoretical knowledge, as well as take part in Work Integrated Learning within health facilities.
On completion of their studies, students will be required to sign an employment agreement with the Department of Health to “work back” the bursary for an equal number of years as the bursary awarded.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Citizen of Mpumalanga province
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric with a degree/ diploma admission
- Achieved a minimum of level 3 (SG D or HG E) for Mathematics in Matric OR a minimum of level 4 for Mathematical Literacy
- Achieved a minimum of level 3 (SG D or HG E) for Geography/ Physical Science/ Agriculture
- Achieved a minimum of level 4 (SG C or HG D) for Biology/ Physiology/ Life Sciences in Matric
- Achieved a minimum of level 4 (SG C or HG D) for English in Matric
- Achieved a minimum overall Admission Point Score (APS) of 25 points for six highest subjects (excluding Life Orientation)
- Studying or intend on studying towards a 4 year Nursing/ Midwifery Diploma at the Mpumalanga College of Nursing
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Mpumalanga Dept of Health Bursary Application Form (pdf).
The following supporting documentation must be submitting along with the complete application form:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Current Matric students: Matric midyear results (certified copy)
- Students who have completed Matric: Matric certificate (certified copy) and latest statement of results where applicable
- Proof of residence from local municipality
- *Current Matric students must submit their final results online or by hand by 15 January at the latest.
Application packs must be submitted in one of the following ways:
The Director HRD
Mpumalanga Department of Health
Private Bag X11285
2) Hand delivered:
Mpumalanga Provincial Government Office
Building no 3
31 August annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Mr B. Magagula
Tel: 013 766 3425