NYDA and Department of Arts and Culture (DAC) Young Patriots Programme
The NYDA and Department of Arts and Culture (DAC) invite young people who would like to take part in the The Young Patriots Programme for the period of 12 months to submit their CVs.
The Young Patriots Programme (TYPP) is aimed at educating the youth about history and heritage through practical experience.
TYPP participants will be required to be community activists.
The program targets out-of-school youth and they will be placed at DAC entities and community libraries.
The programme is a partnership between the Department of Arts and Culture and the National Youth Development Agency, with the objectives of:
- Promoting social cohesion and nation building as young people become more conscious and take pride of their nationality,
- Creating a cohort of Youth Leaders who are aware of their country’s past, are innovators and with this are self-confident, fearless and are ready to serve their country and are part of a movement of proud and caring Young South African citizens,
- Educating the youth about their history, heritage and the role played by young people in the struggle for national liberation and thereby appreciate the South African democracy today, and
- To create job opportunities for youth in the Arts, Culture and Heritage sector.
Prospective candidates should submit the following documents:
- A summarised copy of Curriculum Vitae (CV) and motivation letter
- Grade 12/Matric certificate
- Tertiary qualifications, driver’s license and experience in the field of arts, culture and heritage will be an added advantage
- Project management skills
- Ability to interact with young people
- Report writing skills
- Strong Community & Youth Development background and knowledge of the NYSP.
- Self-initiator, pro-activeness, with attention to detail.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must be between the ages of 18-35, and should forward their CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Young people across all provinces are encouraged to apply.
For further enquiries, please call Ms. Kenalemang Mohale on 011 651 7000
Closing Date: Friday, 24 February at 13:00