Pearson Institute of Higher Education Admission Requirements
Before applying, you need to find out if you have the right admission requirements for the qualification you’ve chosen. Our campus team is equipped to provide advice and guidance through the process, which can be quite daunting.
Standard entry requirements
A South African National Senior Certificate (NSC) or an endorsed equivalent. This endorsement is done through Universities South Africa www.universititessa.ac.za.
Entry requirements for South African National Senior Certificates achieved prior to 2008
If you completed Grade 12 prior to 2008, please contact a Pearson Institute Higher Education Consultant for further information.
Minimum entry requirements for undergraduate degrees
- You must have a minimum level four in four subjects from the designated list.]
- Once this minimum is met, points will be allocated for non-designated subjects.
- If you passed Life Orientation, you will be allocated three points regardless of the pass percentage achieved.
Calculating PI points
|NSC%||90 – 100%||80 – 89%||70 – 79%||60 – 69%||50 – 59%||40 – 49%||30 – 39%||0 – 29%|
National Senior Certificate Vocational (V) entry requirements
- You must have a minimum of 50% in English, Life Orientation and Mathematics/Mathematical Literacy.
- You must have a minimum of 70% in four vocational subjects chosen from the NSC (V) level four subjects.
- The NSC (V) subjects must relate to the degree for which you intend enrolling.