Buyers Assistant Job Vacancy 2021
|Job Title||Buyers Assistant|
|Job Type Classification||Contract/Fixed Term|
|Location – Town / City||Epping, Cape Town|
|Location – Province||Western Cape|
|Location – Country||South Africa|
Job advert Details
|Purpose||To capture buying related data on the buying system; to handle queries from suppliers and stores related to the captured data; and to perform general administration functions to assist the Buyer.|
|Qualifications||• Grade 12
• National Diploma in Office Management or similar qualification will be advantageous
|Experience||• Office administration or data capturing experience.
• Customer care/service experience.
• MS Office and/or related systems experience.
• Experience as a Buyers Assistant will be advantageous
|Knowledge||• Knowledge of Buying systems would be advantageous|
|Skills||• Verbal and written Communication Skills
• Telephone manner
• Administrative Skills – Data Capturing
• Fluent in English and Afrikaans
• Problem Solving Skills
• Computer literacy – MS Office – Basic skills in Word, Excel & Outlook
• Typing skills
• Ability to work accurately
|Job objectives||1. Filing
2. Data capturing
3. Request supplier and store performance reports from systems
4. Resolve store queries (via e-mail and telephonic)
5. Secretarial service to Buyers
• Working with people
• Relating and networking
• Presenting and communicating information
• Writing and reporting
• Delivering results and meeting customer expectations
• Following instructions and procedures
• Deciding and initiating action
• Adhering to principles and values
• Planning and organising
• Coping with pressures and setbacks
|Applicant Feedback Policy||Shoprite endeavours to provide feedback to all candidates whenever possible. However, if you do not hear from one of our Recruiters within 30 days, please accept that your application was unsuccessful|
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting internally and externally.
It is company policy to promote from within wherever possible.
Therefore, please be aware that internal candidates will be considered first before reviewing external applicants, provided that this supports achievement of our Employment Equity goals.
Shoprite endeavours to provide feedback to all candidates whenever possible. However, if you do not hear from one of our Recruiters within 30 days, please accept that your application was unsuccessful