Freight Forwarding & Clearance – Learnership
Kuehne+Nagel is excited to continue its efforts to support the growth of skills in the industry through formal learnership programs.
We are proud of the learners who successfully completed this 2 year program in the past and built their careers in the Freight Forwarding & Clearing environment
Your tasks and responsibilities
We will host a 2 year program from 1 April – 31 March 2019 and want to invite applications for suitable candidates to participate in this comprehensive learnership underwritten by the TETA.
The successful candidates will complete theoretical course work and gain practical experience across Kuehne+Nagel’s operations to become skilled Freight Forwarders.
Responsibilities will include:
- Successful completion of the theoretical course work by attending classes and submitting assignments
- Undertaking experiential learning in various departments including Airfreight, Seafreight, Contract Logistics, Roadfreight, Customs and Finance.
- Collating a portfolio of evidence throughout the 2 year program and successfully completing a final exam
- Achieving competency in all relevant NQF 3 Level Unit Standards within the 24 month period.
Your skills and experience>
- Matric with Mathematics and English (Geography will be a distinct advantage) with a minimum 50% achievement in these subjects
- A relevant post-matric qualification will be a distinct advantage
- Age group 18 – 24
- Basic computer literacy
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Solid mathematical ability and proven skill to solve complex problems
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing working environment
- Good time management skills
- Ability to learn independently
- Candidates must be South African citizens with a valid ID Document and no criminal record.