Learnership Programme at Kuehne+Nagel
Kuehne+Nagel is excited to continue its efforts to support the growth of skills in the industry through formal learnership programs. This is a 2-year program from 1 April 31 March 2019 and Kuehne+Nagel invites applications for suitable candidates to participate in this comprehensive learnership underwritten by the TETA. The successful candidates will complete theoretical course work and gain practical experience across Kuehne+Nagel’s operations to become skilled Freight Forwarders and built their careers in the Freight Forwarding & Clearing environment.
Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on high value-added segments such as IT-based integrated logistics solutions.
Good reasons to join
This is an excellent opportunity for a previously disadvantaged candidate to join a global organisation and gain a formal qualification as well as practical work experience. You will be required to commit to a 2 year program and formal learnership contract for the duration of the training with the view to secure permanent employment once you have completed the program.
Responsibilities will include:
- Successful completion of the theoretical course work by attending classes and submitting assignments
- Undertaking experiential learning in various departments including Airfreight, Seafreight, Contract Logistics, Roadfreight, Customs and Finance.
- Collating a portfolio of evidence throughout the 2 year program and successfully completing a final exam
- Achieving competency in all relevant NQF 3 Level Unit Standards within the 24 month period.
- Matric with Mathematics and English (Geography will be a distinct advantage) with a minimum 50% achievement in these subjects
- A relevant post-matric qualification will be a distinct advantage
- Age group 18 – 24
- Basic computer literacy
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written
- Solid mathematical ability and proven skill to solve complex problems
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to a changing working environment
- Good time management skills
- Ability to learn independently
- Candidates must be South African citizens with a valid ID Document and no criminal record.
How to apply
Click here to apply online