Gain Work Experience Project With Us at Petra Diamonds
Petra Diamonds invites candidates who are interested in gaining workplace experience in the mining sector in the discipline of engineering to apply for the Young Graduate Work Experience Project. These opportunities will be based in Cullinan and Kimberley.
Petra Diamonds Limited is one of the world’s leading suppliers of rough diamonds and one of the largest independent diamond groups by resource. It’s polished diamonds we’re after for these roles – individuals that clearly outshines their peers.
- Grade 12
- A four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering & Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow a programme to gain workplace experience in the fields of industrial, electronic and mechanical engineering
- Execute project-based work related to process optimisation/ mechanical engineering/ process and production
- Work in designated areas according to the Mine’s Standard Operating Procedures
- Work according to the applicable Policies and Procedures
- Submit progress reports to supervisors for assessment
Other Skills/Competencies applicable to all three (3) positions:
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English, as well as sound interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Show initiative and be self-motivated
- Report writing skills
Preference will be given to children of employees and candidates with the required qualifications who are residing in the local communities and who are citizens of South Africa.
How to apply
Closing date is 17 February .
Please complete an application form (download here) and send together with your resume, qualifications and ID to the following:
- Electrical Engineer in Kimberley (Reference Nr: PDSA105) – Responses to: email@example.com or Fax 086-692 2442
- Electrical Engineer in Cullinan (Reference Nr: PDSA106) – Responses to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax 086-692 2442
- Mechanical Engineer in Kimberley (Reference Nr: PDSA107) – Responses to: email@example.com or Fax 086-659 1334
- Metallurgical Engineer in Kimberley (Reference Nr: PDSA108) – Responses to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax 086-659 1334
- Metallurgical Engineer in Cullinan (Reference Nr: PDSA109) – Responses to: email@example.com or Fax 086-659 1334
Please note that incomplete application forms and documentation will not be considered. If you have not heard from us within 30 days of the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Via – Petra Diamonds