Netcare Pharmacist Assistant – Learner Basic
|Role title||Learnerships – Basic Pharmacist Assistant
1 Year Programme
|Location||Netcare Milpark Hospital|
|Reporting structure||Assistant Pharmacy Manager|
|Closing date||10 February|
|The Basic Pharmacist Assitant learn the skills to enable them to be responsible for the provision of medication and supplementary services to patients and members of the healthcare team.
The incumbent will also assist in the responsibility for meeting patients needs in a responsible, satisfactory and cost-effective manner.
|KEY WORK OUTPUT AND SKILLS TO BE LEARNT|
Upon completion of Learnship successful candidates will be able to register with the South African Pharmacy Council as a Basic Pharmacist Assistant.
· Dispensing of prescriptions in retail and hospital dispensary unader supervision of a pharmacist.
· Picking and charging of ethical replenishments to the wards anfd theatre.
· Compounding of mixtures under supervision of a pharmacist.
· Unpacking of ethical stock orders under supervision of a Pharmacist (S1 – S5).
· Unpacking of credits and processing of patient credits.
· Checking and controlling expiry dates of medication in stock (S1 – S5) in designated areas .
· Assist in surgical store area.
· Preparation of stock books.
· Participation in stock take.
· Working allocated shifts after hours and over weekends
Position comes with an Allowance Stipend.