South Africa-Canada Chairs Initiative (SACRI) in Natural Sciences and Engineering (NSE)
South Africa-Canada Chairs Initiative (SACRI)
in Natural Sciences and Engineering (NSE)
(for current SARChI Chair Holders; and Canada Research Chair Holders or Senior or Associate Industrial Research Chair Holders)
Applicants Closing date: 14 February
The National Research Foundation (NRF) of South Africa and the Canadian Development Research Centre (IDRC) are pleased to announce that the following two calls for funding from onwards:
- South Africa-Canada Research Chairs Trilateral Partners Initiative; and the
- South Africa-Canada Research Chairs Mobility Initiative.
- The South Africa-Canada Research Chairs Trilateral Partnership Initiative seeks to invest in the development of research in sub-Saharan Africa through the establishment of tri-lateral partnerships involving researchers from Canada, South Africa and a sub-Saharan African country. This initiative builds on existing research capabilities, links and common research interests in all three countries.
- The South Africa-Canada Research Chairs Mobility Initiative seeks to invest in the development of research between these two countries through the establishment of a chair matching programme between Canadian and South African research chair holders to build capacity, foster knowledge translation and develop new lines of research.
- All applications must be submitted through the NRF Online Submission System at https://nrfsubmission.nrf.ac.za.
- Applications must involve both research chairs and senior researchers and be completed by all parties working together and should be submitted to the application system by the South African research chair.
- There will be a 1-stage administrative review conducted jointly by an equally represented review committee nominated by IDRC and the NRF in order to ensure that requirements are met, followed by a peer review process managed by IDRC and the NRF, whereby recommendations for funding will be made.
- The final decision will be made jointly by IDRC and NRF.
Ms Puleng Tshitlho
Programme Officer: International Relations and Cooperation
Tel: +27 12 481 4386
Ms Promise Shabangu
Liaison Officer: International Relations and Cooperation
Tel: +27 12 481 4386
Mr Matthew Wallace
Senior Programme Officer, Foundations for Innovation
Tel: +1 613 696 2157
Please note that this is a closed call, issued to institutions in South Africa holding SARChI Chairs in the NSE fields.