Department Of Education Haryana
Department Of Education Haryana, Department of Education, Haryana is a unit of the Government of Haryana in India that looks after the school education in the state of Haryana.
The department is responsible for hiring and employing the school teachers for the Government schools of Government of Haryana. It also runs the Haryana Board of School Education that conducts the school leaving examinations.
- To make Haryana a knowledge-based community by fueling its Higher Education landscape to respond to both local and global challenges.
- To create a culture of quality and excellence at an individual and institutional level in all aspects of Higher Education.
- To encourage highest standards in research and publication.
- To incentivize teaching and make teachers accountable.
- To establish shared governance structure, facilitative and trustful external governance and efficient and effective internal governance structure.
- To explore and implement innovative ways of financing Higher Education.
- To employ Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) to share resources and improvise governance structure.
- To integrate university education with the larger sociological development of the State by building a tie between secondary schools and universities
- To align the teaching and research interests of scholars.
- To establish educational institutions focused on research, undergraduate teaching and learning and vocational training.
- To provide mentorship to young professionals and scholars in order to establish and sustain a culture of research.
- To align teaching feedback and research output with the individual and professional growth of the scholars.
- To maintain the ideal student-teacher ratio in order to facilitate a quality-learning environment.
- To design and update the curriculum, making it relevant for the learner by periodically keeping in mind the new developments in the field of study.
- To establish and promote collaborations with industries so as to bridge the gap between educational output and industry demand.
- To seek consultancy to become an academic leader and provide guidance and motivation to faculty and students in order to acquire ‘A’ level accreditation.
- Institutional Autonomy and Academic freedom: Provide freedom to scholars in order to disseminate information without the fear of being fired or ousted.
- Honesty and Integrity: Emphasize on promoting best and honest practices in research, publication and all aspects of educational processes. Reducing the undue pressure on professionals for paper publications or good performance by students in exams which lead scholars to opt for unfair means in academic practice. Focus should, therefore, reside on checking dishonest practices.
- Balancing of Teaching and Scholarship: Encouraging teachers to align their teaching and research interests leading to quality output.
- The value of Benchmarking: Understanding the importance of benchmarking and adopting a balanced and evolved approach towards inculcating suitable changes for a holistic development of the HE landscape.
- Development of E-Resources: Development of e-resources to reduce the burden on finance and provide an ease of access.
- Financing Option: Diverse funding options in the form of loans, public private partnerships or industry specific scholarships need to be developed.
- Incentives for Marginalised Group: Given the low literacy rate among women in Haryana, especially in the rural areas, incentives to promote women education should be undertaken.
“Acknowledging the economic, political and demographic strength of Haryana, considering systemic inequalities existing in the social structures and given the structural challenges existing in the higher educational institutions, by deploying Information , Communication and Technology and through effective human resource management and abundance of resources through public and private sources; the goal of this plan is to revamp, rejuvenate and recreate higher education landscape in Haryana and achieve the objectives of access, equity, employability, encourage highest standards in teaching and learning, promote best practices in research and innovation, and develop meaningful vocational training, skill education and entrepreneurship.”
OFFICE OF DIRECTOR GENERAL HIGHER EDUCATION HARYANA PANCHKULA
Shiksha Sadan, Ground & 1st Floor, Sec – 5, Panchkula, Haryana (134105)
Contact No: 0172-562029
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
EPBAX No. 0172-2565530 (Reception-200) FAX numbers: 0172-2562042, 2562038