Department Of Environmental Affairs Objectives
Department Of Environmental Affairs Objectives, The Strategic Objectives of the Department of Environmental Affairs are:
- To protect, conserve and enhance our environment, natural and heritage assets and resources.
- Proactively plan, manage and prevent pollution and environmental degradation to ensure a sustainable and healthy environment.
- Contribute to sustainable development, livelihood, green and inclusive economic growth through facilitating skills development and employment creation.
- Contribute to a better Africa and a better world by advancing national environmental interests through a global sustainable development agenda.
The Department is guided by the following values:
- To become a truly People-Centered organisation that responds to the needs of all South Africans.
- To achieve the highest levels of Integrity premised on professionalism, quality, service excellence, honesty, transparency, trust.
- To enhance organisation Performance through productivity, efficiency, effectiveness, innovation and continuous improvements.
- To ensure the sustainability of the organisation and its sectors through amongst others, maximised impact, return on investment, continuity and knowledge management.